Schools & childrens welfare - Can a local authority look after my child?

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

resolver will help you keep records and guide you through the complaints process.

Based on resolver's experience, your local authority should provide satisfactory community care services. The Local Authority Social Services and National Health Services Complaints (England) Regulations 2009 stipulates that you have a right to complain if the services provided by your local authority have fallen below your expectations.

Local authorities have a duty to provide appropriate services for children, based on disability, subject to care proceedings and those likely to be involved in crime. If you are in need of support, contact your local authority. Additional services such as family & home visits, visits home or organised family holidays, may be provided for children placed in care such as a hospital or a care home. Local authorities must also provide respite care for the parents of disabled children. Service information must be published for children in need and their families and must be made available to those who might benefit from the services.

We have 5,219 pages of rights advice for you covering 7,304 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Can a local authority look after my child?

Resolver covers the issue Can A Local Authority Look After My Child? for 416 companies and organisations:

a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j   k  l  m  n  o  p  q   r  s  t  u  v  w  x   y   z