Solar panels-pv - I've been told my house isn't eligible

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

Based on resolver’s experience to date, not all houses will be suitable for solar panels. Owners of listed buildings are unlikely to be allowed to install solar panels as they are more often than not highly visible.

Properties likely to fully benefit from a solar panel installation should be south-facing with little or no shading on the roof. If you don't have a south-facing roof, then you may still be able to install panels, but they might not be quite as effective.

It is also important to note that not all houses are eligible for higher rate Feed-In Tariffs (FIT) either, as there are strict rules in place preventing properties that are below certain Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)Ratings from benefiting from the scheme.

You can contact your local Energy Saving Trust Advice Centre on 0800 512 012 for more information on whether solar panels are likely to be suitable for you.

If you are unhappy with the advice, or quality of service, a company has provided, resolver recommends writing them a formal letter of complaint.

Resolver can help you to deal with any issues arising quickly, without hassle and for free! As a first step we can help you write your complaint. Click the link below to create your email.

If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the Ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your insurer, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked. Your complaint must also not be older than 9 months. For an accurate decision by the Ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help assess your case.

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,196 pages of rights advice for you covering 6,978 companies and organisations across 17 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with I've been told my house isn't eligible

Resolver covers the issue I've Been Told My House Isn't Eligible for 3 companies and organisations:

a   b   c   d  e  f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p  q   r   s   t   u   v   w   x   y   z