Better outcomes for consumers in Northern Ireland
Resolver is working with the The Consumer Council for Northern Ireland to improve outcomes for consumers in Northern Ireland.
Who is your issue with?
Resolver is a free tool to help consumers raise and resolve issues. Our mission is to champion better outcomes for everyone.
- Explains your rights to you You'll find no legal jargon in our simple, comprehensive consumer rights sections. Our guidance is tailored specifically for every type of issue.
- Helps you prepare your emails We provide a wide range of flexible email templates for you to adapt to your needs – just slot in the specific details for your case, and in a few short clicks your issue will be ready to go.
- Creates a case file for you Your case file is a secure online location for all important documents regarding your issue. You can upload photos, tickets, copies of receipts or external emails from before you raised your issue with Resolver.
- Lets you record all your communications One of the most important aspects of a complicated issue is keeping a record of all your correspondence regarding the complaint – Resolver does this for you automatically.
- Lets you know when to escalate your complaint If you’re not satisfied with the initial response from the organisation you have an issue with, our escalation process will let you know when you can raise your complaint to the next level of seniority and, ultimately to an ombudsman or regulator, where appropriate.
The Consumer Council provides free, independent support and advice for all consumers and businesses in Northern Ireland.
They also have powers to investigate complaints about energy, water, transport and postal services and undertake research to understand local consumer issues. So, if you live in Northern Ireland, and a company in one of these sectors doesn’t respond satisfactorily, we will escalate your case to the Consumer Council to sort it out.
The Consumer Council also has a statutory duty to have particular regard for vulnerable consumers such as those who are:
- Disabled or have a long-term health condition;
- Of pensionable age;
- With low incomes; or
- Who reside in rural areas
The Consumer Council is committed to promoting and safeguarding the interests of consumers in Northern Ireland, by empowering them and providing a strong representative voice to policy makers, regulators and service providers.
We are working with The Consumer Council to improve outcomes for consumers in Northern Ireland.
We are both focused on consumer rights, so with their advice hub for consumer rights and our technology, we are joining forces to make it easier for consumers in Northern Ireland to get their issues raised and resolved.
Did you know?
The Consumer Council is also assisting consumers in Northern Ireland with complaints about Private Parking charges. If you have received a Parking Notice Charge (PCN) contact The Consumer Council in the first instance to get advice and assistance with your appeal.
Free Phone 0800 121 6022 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints tool for consumers in Northern Ireland