Which ombudsman do I complain to?

You can use Resolver to raise a case against thousands of organisations and companies, helping you raise and manage your case. If the issue cannot be resolved, you can then package it up and send the case  on to the relevant ombudsman. 

The ombudsman you choose to complain to will depend on the sector in which the company you have a complaint about operates - and there are some sectors that have more than one ombudsman. A case cannot be sent to the ombudsman for at least 8 weeks after you have raised the issue with the company or you have received a deadlock letter. 

A deadlock letter is where the company has accepted it cannot Resolve your dispute and so will allow you to send your case to the ombudsman prior to the 8-week period.

Can I get advice from an ombudsman before the eight-week period following the original complaint?

Some ombudsmen will allow you to get in touch with them before the eight weeks is up, but they won’t begin any complaint resolution process beyond notifying the company concerned. However, some ombudsmen will make a complaint on your behalf directly to the company.

If you want to find out more about which ombudsman you need to complain to, you can take a look at the FAQs section on our sector pages, or you can find our list of major UK ombudsman services here

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver