Please read this document carefully before using resolver.co.uk, the Resolver app, or the Resolver email service.
resolvercouk Limited a subsidiary of Resolving Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Resolving Limited, 52 Lant Street, London, SE1 1QP.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is James Walker.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
The information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on www.resolver.co.uk (our site), on the Resolver iOS or Android apps (our apps), or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, our apps, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, create a Resolver Email Service account or use our suggestions service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site or our apps we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may use the following Google Analytics features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
You may opt-out of the Google Analytics features we use, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or via the browser extension provided by Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs.
The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser) or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you;
- to collect information about how you use our site;
- to close your session and log you out of your account upon the expiry of a certain amount of time of inactivity; and
- any other reasonable use which we reasonably deem non-intrusive.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
The information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information relating to products, services and switching product/service providers that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to send you our regular newsletter unless you opt not to receive this;
- to provide you with information about other goods and/or services we may offer in the future that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We will disclose the information you provide (including personal information), to the company / organisation that you raise your complaint with. We may also pass this information to the associated regulator / ombudsman.
The company / organisation that you raise your complaint with may need to verify your identity. This could include using information from a credit reference agency, which may involve credit reference agencies checking the details supplied against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. These searches should not affect your credit rating or ability to obtain future credit and are generally automatically removed after 12 months. Resolver does not have any control over any identity verification process that a provider may choose to use.
By submitting personal information on our site, you consent to us using aggregated anonymised data to monitor the effectiveness of specific companies complaints resolution processes. We may pass this information to these specific companies in order to allow them to evaluate their complaints handling performance, as well as to MoneySavingExpert.com Limited (“MoneySavingExpert.com”). MoneySavingExpert.com may use this information for the purposes of:
- Measuring the performance and success of information and communications on their site
- Measuring the performance and success of any emails which MoneySavingExpert.com sends to Resolver users
- Calculating trends and patterns in relation to complaints and using the resulting data for internal business purposes and to publicise and highlight complaint resolution matters
Where you’ve given your express permission for MoneySavingExpert.com to contact you, MoneySavingExpert.com may contact you about information and deals, including products and services and/or switching to an alternative product or service providers that may be of interest to you.
We do work with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
You also consent to our provision of supporting data derived from software analysis of your complaint to such service provider(s) who are the subject of your complaint, to facilitate and expedite in it's efficient resolution
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for your account (including any Resolver Email Service account), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our Help Centre.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.