Resolver is not affiliated to, linked with or otherwise endorsed by TrustMark Dispute Resolution Service.
We are an entirely independent issue-resolution tool that enables the raising and handling of consumer issues, making complaining simpler for everyone.

Before using Resolver…

  • Speak to the company

    Give them a chance to rectify your issues before using a formal issue-resolution process

  • Get all the information to hand

    Make sure you have everything you need to effectively and concisely raise your issue

  • Know your consumer rights

    Resolver has researched your rights so you know what sort of redress you can expect

  • Be clear in your communication

    State all the facts as simply as possible

  • Be reasonable in your approach

    Your expectations should be proportionate to the issue you have experienced

From 1 October 2015, businesses should make customers aware of alternative routes available to resolve disputes. As part of this, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) can be used instead of the more traditional and expensive court route.

TrustMark is now an approved ADR provider and has its own service to help customers resolve issues with tradesmen.

You can either use Resolver to create a new case or have an existing case investigated. Alternatively, you can use TrustMark’s standard issue-resolution process.

We aim to keep all our information as up to date as possible, but if you find there is a missing company, or we have included a company that is no longer a member of TrustMark, please let us know via our customer support team.

In addition, if you are unsure whether or not a company is actually a member of TrustMark, you can check here.

How to start a dispute via Resolver

If you choose to submit your issue via Resolver, you will need to find the registered TrustMark company. You can do this by either using the search box at the top of this page or by using the alphabetical index at the bottom.

Once you have selected the company, you must choose the relevant service with which you have experienced an issue. Then you can indicate whether you have a new issue or a pre-existing dispute with the registered TrustMark firm.

A new dispute

You should take this route if you have an issue about a TrustMark-registered firm and have not yet raised it with anyone.

A pre-existing dispute

You should take this route if you have raised your issue with a registered TrustMark business directly (with evidence) and have not reached a satisfactory resolution.

This is free of charge but in some cases fees will apply should the issue be escalated to external parties.

If you have a dispute with a Scheme Operator

A Scheme Operator is a professional body that the company you used is registered through. They investigate all pre-existing issues.

If you have an issue with the manner in which the Scheme Operator investigated your issue with a registered TrustMark business, you will be invited to escalate your case to TrustMark, who will look into it for you.

If you have an issue with TrustMark’s standard of service

If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received from TrustMark, you can raise the issue against TrustMark here.

Using Resolver, you can submit complaints for 15012 services offered by members of TrustMark Dispute Resolution Service. Your complaint will be sent to the correct person or team within the company before being escalated to TrustMark Dispute Resolution Service after an appropriate amount of time.

All registered TrustMark Dispute Resolution Service companies:

a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s   t   u   v   w   x   y   z  

Working with

With Resolver you can send your case to key ombudsmen and regulators including:

Furniture ombudsman Ombudsman services Financial ombudsman service C e d r Gambling commission Consumer dispute resolution ltd logo Transport focus logo

Resolver is a member of

Advice u k Justice C t s i Ombudsman association Trading standard approved

Resolver promises

We will never share your personal data with anyone without your permission - your case will go to the firm you’re complaining about and, if appropriate, to an ombudsman.

If you find something wrong with a company or our processes, tell us and we will put it right.

You can raise a complaint against Resolver via Resolver itself.

We do use cookies, but only to provide you with a better experience.