HS2 services - Rent Back scheme

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

If you’re selling your property to the government under one of the schemes you can apply to rent it back and continue living in it.

The government will assess your property to decide whether to rent it out, based on both:

  • the cost of any repairs needed to make it suitable for renting
  • whether the work is a good use of taxpayers’ money

They will contact you to let you know if you’ll be able to rent it.

If you decide to rent the property, you’ll pay an open market rent and get a tenancy agreement for an initial term of 6 months.

You should know

You can use Resolver to raise a complaint with HS2. On receipt, the HS2 Public Response Team will determine the best way to handle your complaint.

In most cases, the team accountable for the issues you have raised will be asked to discuss the matter with you, to see if a resolution can be achieved.

If you remain unhappy, or if it is more appropriate in the first instance, a Public Response Manager will work with a relevant director or head of department or service to investigate the concerns.  Together they will provide a response explaining the outcome of any investigation, and, where necessary, any recommendations or action required.

Complaints about wider HS2 services
Your case will be reviewed by a member of the HS2 Ltd senior leadership team not previously involved with your complaint.

The findings of the review will be presented to the Chief Executive for consideration and approval of a full and final response.

Request an independent investigation by the ICA
If you are unhappy with the final response provided, please can you let us know why and what outcome you would like to see.

You can ask for your complaint to be referred to the Department for Transport’s Independent Complaints Assessors (ICA). The ICA’s role is to look at, or identify whether you have been provided with a reasonable service and had your complaint handled appropriately.  The ICA will carry out an independent review of the case and then advise both parties on the outcome.

Request an independent investigation by the PHSO
If you remain dissatisfied after your review by the ICA, you may seek advice from any Member of Parliament and ask them to refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman (PHSO).

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,147 pages of rights advice for you covering 7,099 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Rent Back scheme

Resolver covers the issue Rent Back Scheme for 1 companies and organisations:

a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h  i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s   t   u   v   w   x   y   z