Insulation - Trader has gone bust - want my deposit back

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

Based on our experience to date, it can be very difficult to claim a refund, replacement or repair on goods bought from a trader that has gone out of business. If it is a limited company that has ceased trading, they will probably have administrators dealing with their finances. You can find details of who they are on the trader’s website and it’s worth getting in touch to see if they can help you. If it is a sole trader or partnership, they remain responsible for the goods you bought and you should therefore complain to them directly.

If you paid with a debit or credit card, you may well be able to get a refund from your card provider if the goods you bought were faulty or of unsatisfactory quality. Check with the provider for information on how to claim.

If the product you bought is under guarantee or warranty, this can be the easiest way to get a refund. Again, check the paperwork and contact the provider to see if you are covered.

It is extremely frustrating when your equipment develops a fault and you find that the trader has gone out of business. Resolver can help you resolve this issue quickly, free of charge and without the hassle. We can also help you with the next step of writing your complaint. Click on the link below to create your email.

If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the Ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with the company, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked. Your complaint must also not be older than 9 months. For an accurate decision by the Ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help assess your case.

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,115 pages of rights advice for you covering 10,925 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Trader has gone bust - want my deposit back

Resolver covers the issue Trader Has Gone Bust Want My Deposit Back for 1 companies and organisations:

a   b   c  d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s   t   u   v   w   x   y   z