Solar water heating - Damage to vehicle

How does Resolver work?

Explains your rights to you

You'll find no legal jargon in our simple, comprehensive consumer rights sections. Our guidance is tailored specifically for every type of issue.

Helps you prepare your emails

We provide a wide range of flexible email templates for you to adapt to your needs – just slot in the specific details for your case, and in a few short clicks your issue will be ready to go.

Creates a case file for you

Your case file is a secure online location for all important documents regarding your issue. You can upload photos, tickets, copies of receipts or external emails from before you raised your issue with Resolver.

Lets you record all your communications

One of the most important aspects of a complicated issue is keeping a record of all your correspondence regarding the complaint – Resolver does this for you automatically.

Lets you know when to escalate your complaint

If you’re not satisfied with the initial response from the organisation you have an issue with, our escalation process will let you know when you can raise your complaint to the next level of seniority and, ultimately to an ombudsman or regulator, where appropriate.

Based on resolver’s experience to date, if an installer causes damage to your vehicle you should raise your concern with your installer at the time. It would be advisable to take photographs to use as evidence, in case of a dispute. You should also report the incident to your insurer, even if you don't want to make a claim against them.

This will allow your insurer to protect your interests, as well as their own, at an early stage. As the other party caused the damage to your vehicle - you should expect their insurance to cover the costs of any necessary repairs.

If you are choosing to seek compensation from the insurer of the other party (presuming all of the details are known and the other party was insured) you should write a formal letter to the other party setting out your claim. You should also forward this to the other party's employer if they were driving a company vehicle, and notify your insurer of what you have done. At this time, the third party's insurer will write to you. They will either not dispute the claim (in which case you will receive a payment for repairs and compensation in due course) or they will dispute that the accident was the fault of their client.

You should consult your insurer if the claim is disputed and they will advise you on how you should seek legal advice and the extent to which they will cover your legal costs. Seeking compensation through the courts in the event of a disputed claim can be challenging and it is likely that the insurers will attempt to settle out of court. Request that your insurer keeps you updated while the two insurers decide how to settle the dispute, as this can affect whether you suffer the loss of your no claims discount and whether your insurance premiums will rise.

Resolver can help you resolve this issue quickly, free of charge and without the hassle. We can also help you with the next step of writing your complaint. Click on the link below to create your email.

If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the Ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your insurer, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked. Your complaint must also not be older than 9 months. For an accurate decision by the Ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help assess your case.

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,148 pages of rights advice for you covering 6,933 companies and organisations across 17 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Damage to vehicle

Resolver covers the issue Damage To Vehicle for 0 companies and organisations:

a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s   t   u   v   w   x   y   z