Ukraine is in crisis, please donate right now if you can.

Student loans - Statement incorrect

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

A statement shows your outstanding 'debt' and the interest that is being added. As an example, a low-earning graduate on a Plan 2 loan (for students in England and Wales who started university after 2012) would receive a statement with £50,000 of 'debt' on it, and would see it growing by £1,500 a year in interest. However, a graduate earning under £25,000 would not actually have to make any repayments at all.

You should know

Student loans are authorised by the Government through the Student Loans Company (SLC).

What financial help you can get depends on the course you study, where you live while you are studying and your individual circumstances. Most full-time students can get a tuition fee loan to cover the full cost of tuition fees and a maintenance loan to cover the cost of living expenses.

You don’t normally have to pay the loan back until you’ve left college or university and your income has reached a certain amount.

If you have an issue with the service you receive from Student Loans Company, you should use Resolver to submit your complaint. The Student Loans Company (SLC) will investigate your complaint and provide a response within 15 working days.

If you’re not satisfied with the response you can ask for a senior manager to review your complaint. They’ll aim to respond in writing within 15 working days of you submitting your complaint.

Independent Assessors
And finally, if you’re still unhappy you can ask for your complaint to be referred to our Independent Assessors. Independent Assessors are independent of SLC and conduct impartial investigations into cases which haven’t been resolved by SLC’s internal complaints review process.

Review by an Independent Assessor is the final stage of the SLC complaints process.

If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you may wish to seek legal advice on what options are available to you. This may include referring your concerns to the relevant Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman will normally expect you to have gone through the full SLC complaints process before they’ll consider your case.

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,219 pages of rights advice for you covering 7,101 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Statement incorrect

Resolver covers the issue Statement Incorrect for 1 companies and organisations:

a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s  t   u   v   w   x   y   z