Takeaways - Rude staff

How does Resolver work?

Explains your rights to you

You'll find no legal jargon in our simple, comprehensive consumer rights sections. Our guidance is tailored specifically for every type of issue.

Helps you prepare your emails

We provide a wide range of flexible email templates for you to adapt to your needs – just slot in the specific details for your case, and in a few short clicks your issue will be ready to go.

Creates a case file for you

Your case file is a secure online location for all important documents regarding your issue. You can upload photos, tickets, copies of receipts or external emails from before you raised your issue with Resolver.

Lets you record all your communications

One of the most important aspects of a complicated issue is keeping a record of all your correspondence regarding the complaint – Resolver does this for you automatically.

Lets you know when to escalate your complaint

If you’re not satisfied with the initial response from the organisation you have an issue with, our escalation process will let you know when you can raise your complaint to the next level of seniority and, ultimately to an ombudsman or regulator, where appropriate.

Restaurants should take customer service very seriously and strive to provide their customers with a pleasant dining experience. If you have encountered rude staff in a restaurant, you should firstly ask to speak to their supervisor or manager and ask them to address your concerns.

If you are unsatisfied with their response, we recommend that you raise your issue via resolver, detailing the incident, providing names and citing any evidence you have collected.

You should know

  • Always try to resolve your issue while you're still at the restaurant
  • If you're unhappy with the quality of your meal, take a photo of the food (if possible) before you leave the restaurant
  • Take a photo of the receipt/bill

Issue not addressed

If the restaurant does not respond to your issue, then you should raise your case to the next level. The resolver system knows the next steps to take to escalate your issue and will remind you what to do and when, so that your voice is heard and hopefully your issue is addressed.

If you cannot resolve

There is no ombudsman for the restaurant sector. This means the only resolution beyond dealing direct with the restaurant or its parent company is to raise an issue with the Small Claims Court. You can do this via Money Claims OnLine (MCOL), the Government's online court service.

Submit your issue now for free with resolver

Find the best rights for you

We have 3,682 pages of rights advice for you covering 28,463 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver