Dental insurance - Make a claim

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. No adverts, no hidden costs. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

Based on resolver’s experience to date, making a new claim on your dental insurance should be relatively simple. If your dentist refers you to a specialist, mention that you have medical insurance. Before you see the specialist, contact your insurer to register your new claim. Contact your insurer in the usual way (either by telephone or online if you have an internet-based account) and they will be able to assist you in making the claim. Keep hold of any paperwork you may receive as you will need this to assist your claim.

If you have any queries regarding your claim, resolver recommends that you submit your query in writing to your insurer, and resolver can assist you in submitting, recording and reminding you when and who to escalate to. In the event that any issues arise (e.g. non-payment of claim) you should write a formal letter to your insurer setting out your case and asking why they are refusing to make a pay-out. Armed with this, you can consult the relevant resolver section for advice on how to take your claim forwards.

You should know
  • If you’re making a complaint about making an insurance claim rather than a mis-sold policy, check your documents to see who the “underwriter” is. You’ll need to make a complaint to that organisation.

If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the Ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your supplier, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked. Your complaint must also not be older than 9 months. For an accurate decision by the Ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help assess your case.

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,115 pages of rights advice for you covering 7,027 companies and organisations across 17 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Make a claim

Resolver covers the issue Make A Claim for 8 companies and organisations: