Three_Mobile_Broadband - Payments, deposits and refunds

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.


If you have any queries over the nature of your bill, if you believe you're being overcharged, or if you're being chased for payment that you've already made, then you should contact Three via Resolver immediately to prevent any further action being taken. Not receiving a bill from your mobile provider doesn't mean you don't have to pay - so never assume anything and always contact your provider to check they have all your correct contact details. It’s also possible you've opted for a ‘paperless bill’, so check this too and ensure you've not missed any emails that have ended up in you spam or junk email inbox.


How long Three hold your deposit for depends on your contract. If you took out a contract or SIM plan directly from them (from a Three Store, online or via Telesales) you'll get your deposit back once you've paid six consecutive bills on time. If you bought your contract from another retailer (e.g. Carphone Warehouse) you'll get your deposit back once you've paid twelve consecutive bills on time. If you think you're entitled to a refund, ensure you have checked your contract to see what you have agreed to. In your communication to Three you should set out what you expected to pay and what you have paid, and ask for a refund of the difference.


If your account is in credit or you are owed money, then you should contact your provider with your bill details as soon as possible through Resolver.

You should know
  • The customer services department of your mobile provider should acknowledge receipt of your issue within 14 days
  • You can take the case to an ombudsman eight weeks after you've raised your issue

What next

If you are unhappy with your dongle provider’s initial response, you should contact their customer services department via Resolver, giving clear details of your case - such as what happened, when, and why you are complaining.

Once you have submitted your information to the company, they should acknowledge your case with 14 days.

If the company does not respond to your issue, then you should raise your case to the next level. The resolver system knows the next steps to take to escalate your issue and will remind you what to do and when, so that your voice is heard and hopefully your issue is addressed.

Your case is officially registered with the company as soon as the email is delivered and so you can escalate your case to an ombudsman after 8 weeks.

If you cannot resolve the issue

If the matter is still not resolved after eight weeks or if you receive a deadlock letter, you can send your case to the ombudsman. There are two ombudsmen in the telecoms market - CISAS or Ombudsman Services. resolver knows which one to send your case to. It will package your communications and all supporting documentation and send to the ombudsman.

The ombudsman will then independently undertake an investigation of your case for free. You can still take your telephone provider to court if you still do not agree with the outcome, but only use this as a last resort.

If you need additional assistance

If you need additional advice and guidance on the issue you can contact your local Citizens Advice.

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,115 pages of rights advice for you covering 10,923 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Payments, deposits and refunds

Resolver covers the issue Payments, Deposits And Refunds for 1 companies and organisations:

a   b   c   d   e   f   g   h   i   j   k   l   m   n   o   p   q   r   s   t  u   v   w   x   y   z