Boilers - Trader has gone bust - want my deposit back

How does Resolver work?

Explains your rights to you

You'll find no legal jargon in our simple, comprehensive consumer rights sections. Our guidance is tailored specifically for every type of issue.

Helps you prepare your emails

We provide a wide range of flexible email templates for you to adapt to your needs – just slot in the specific details for your case, and in a few short clicks your issue will be ready to go.

Creates a case file for you

Your case file is a secure online location for all important documents regarding your issue. You can upload photos, tickets, copies of receipts or external emails from before you raised your issue with Resolver.

Lets you record all your communications

One of the most important aspects of a complicated issue is keeping a record of all your correspondence regarding the complaint – Resolver does this for you automatically.

Lets you know when to escalate your complaint

If you’re not satisfied with the initial response from the organisation you have an issue with, our escalation process will let you know when you can raise your complaint to the next level of seniority and, ultimately to an ombudsman or regulator, where appropriate.

Based on resolver’s experience to date, it can be very difficult to claim a refund, replacement or repair on goods bought from a trader that has gone out of business. If it is a limited company that has ceased trading, they will probably have administrators dealing with their finances. You can find details of who they are on the trader’s website and it’s worth getting in touch to see if they can help you. If it is a sole trader or partnership, they remain responsible for the goods you bought and you should therefore complain to them directly.

If you paid with a debit or credit card, you may well be able to get a refund from your card provider if the goods you bought were faulty or of unsatisfactory quality. Check with the provider for information on how to claim.

If the product you bought is under guarantee or warranty, this can be the easiest way to get a refund. Again, check the paperwork and contact the provider to see if you are covered.

It is extremely frustrating when your equipment develops a fault and you find that the trader has gone out of business.

Resolver can help you resolve this issue quickly, free of charge and without the hassle. We can also help you with the next step of writing your complaint. Click on the link below to create your email.
Remember that this is a good time to check that you are on the best energy tariff for your needs using a price comparison website, so it’s a good idea to take some time to compare prices and switch providers if you find a better deal. As you are moving into a new home you may not have the full details for the energy use in the home so resolver recommends you ask the current owner/occupier for the energy usage via your solicitor or the estate agent.

Price comparison websites often have tools that help you estimate your energy usage and to help you make an informed decision.

Find the best rights for you

We have 4,657 pages of rights advice for you covering 7,172 companies and organisations across 17 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Trader has gone bust - want my deposit back

Resolver covers the issue Trader Has Gone Bust Want My Deposit Back for 12 companies and organisations: