Ukraine is in crisis, please donate right now if you can.

Television - Delay in repairing service

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

Based on resolver’s experience to date, if there is a delay in your TV provider repairing a service, you may be entitled to compensation. There may be times when your TV provider needs to carry out repairs to enable your service to function properly. Your provider should have a service repairs policy, which tells you what you can expect. If you report a problem with your service and it isn't fixed within a reasonable length of time, you may be able to get some of your money back (a partial refund). Your provider may also have to pay compensation for the period when the service was not available. Double check your TV provider’s repairs policy or Code of Practice. This should be on their website or you can contact them and ask them to post you a copy. If you have bought a service agreement from your TV provider check the terms and conditions of the agreement. It may contain details about time limits for repairs to be carried out and compensation if these are not met. You should complain to your provider if you feel that the policy has been breached, or if you feel that the time it has taken for repairs to be carried out is unreasonable. If you are unhappy with your TV provider’s response, you should contact their customer services department and write giving clear details of your case - such as what happened, when, and why you are complaining. If you are unhappy with your previous provider’s customer service response, you can either contact Ofcom – the telecommunications industry regulator- or ask the Ombudsman to look into it on your behalf. resolver recommends that you submit your concern in writing, and resolver can assist you in submitting, recording and reminding you when and who to escalate to. It can be frustrating when there is a delay in your service being repaired. resolver can help you resolve this issue for free, quickly and without hassle. As a first step we can help you write your complaint, click on the link below to create your email.

If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the Ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your supplier, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked. Your complaint must also not be older than 9 months. For an accurate decision by the Ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help assess your case.




Find the best rights for you

We have 5,219 pages of rights advice for you covering 7,109 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Delay in repairing service

Resolver covers the issue Delay In Repairing Service for 10 companies and organisations: