Television - Faulty equipment

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

According to resolver’s experience to date, having faulty TV equipment is a very frustrating experience. Depending on who your service provider is will affect your outcome. Contact your service provider as some companies will try to repair or replace your set-top box for free. Other providers may charge you a callout fee – if the fault does turn out to be with their equipment you may be refunded the fee. Check your contract carefully - the box/dish may belong to you, rather than you renting if from the provider – so the provider may insist that you pay for any repairs or replacement. However, even if this is the case it may be covered by a warranty (check your contract) or may be subject to a statutory warranty, which will mean that your supplier is responsible for paying the costs of any repair or replacement.

If you are unhappy with your TV provider’s response, you should contact their customer services department and write giving clear details of your case - such as what happened, when, and why you are complaining. You should ask that your TV provider put right any issues with your box, and refund any costs you have incurred. If you are unhappy with your previous provider’s customer service response, you can either contact Ofcom – the telecommunications industry regulator - or ask the Ombudsman to look into it on your behalf. resolver recommends that you submit your concern in writing, and resolver can assist you in submitting, recording and reminding you when and who to escalate to. It can be frustrating when equipment provided by your TV supplier is faulty. resolver can help you resolve this issue for free, quickly and without hassle. As a first step we can help you write your complaint, click on the link below to create your email.

If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the Ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your supplier, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked. Your complaint must also not be older than 9 months. For an accurate decision by the Ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help assess your case.




Find the best rights for you

We have 5,115 pages of rights advice for you covering 10,925 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Faulty equipment

Resolver covers the issue Faulty Equipment for 10 companies and organisations: