Boiler insurance - Rude staff
Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.
Know your rights
There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.
Get your voice heard
You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.
It is perfectly reasonable to expect a good level of customer service. If you encounter rude customer service staff that do not address your concerns satisfactorily, you should escalate to a higher point of authority. This gives a more senior member of staff the opportunity to look into your complaint. You should be reassured that your custom is valued and that your complaint will be responded to within a given timeframe.You should know
- You cannot raise your case to the ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your insurer
- Your complaint must also not be older than nine months.
- For an accurate decision by the ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation
- If you’re making a complaint about an insurance claim rather than a mis-sold policy, check your documents to see who the “underwriter” is. You’ll need to make a complaint to that organisation.
How long do you have to wait?
If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your insurer, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked.
Is there a time limit?
Your complaint must also not be older than nine months.
What will the ombudsman do?
For an accurate decision by the ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help them assess your case.
What is a deadlock letter?
Your case will be considered to have reached deadlock if the company:
- Feels it has done everything it can
- It is unwilling or unable to give you what you are requesting
- It says there isn’t reasonable cause for complaint
Or if neither you or the company is willing to change.
These types of situation are known as deadlock.
Find the best rights for you
We have 5,219 pages of rights advice for you covering 7,304 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.
Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.