Travel insurance - Injured: car accident

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

Based on resolver’s experience to date, medical emergencies and repatriation is one of the most common reasons for travel insurance claims. This is way it is so important to take out cover. If you carry a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) while on holiday, many travel insurers will waive the policy excess on any claim where it is used. Your travel health insurance should cover you for unforeseen illness, injury or accident and repatriation to the UK where the time required recovering from the medical problem results in missing a booked flight home. If you do sustain an injury then you should contact your insurer by phone as soon as possible to get authorisation for any medical treatment you may need. Refer to your insurance policy, as it should list the number 24-hour assistance help lines than can provide you with help and support. The helpline staff are trained to deal with hospitals and doctors abroad in the local language. If possible, try to contact your insurer before agreeing to the cost of any treatment. You should ask for receipts for treatment and medication to assist your claim. In the event of a claim, full details of the accident together with police, accident and medical reports will be required as evidence. If you were driving the vehicle then you will also need to contact your car/hire car insurer as soon as possible. Be aware that medical costs arising from injuries sustained and requiring medical attention as a result of consuming alcohol or illegal drugs, behaving irresponsibly or taking unnecessary risks are not covered. However you are on holiday so drinking a reasonable amount of alcohol is not excluded. If you have any queries regarding your claim, resolver recommends that you submit your concern in writing and resolver can assist you in submitting, recording and reminding you when and who to escalate to.

Resolver can help you resolve this issue quickly, free of charge and without the hassle. We can also help you with the next step of writing your complaint. Click on the link below to create your email.
You should know
  • If you’re making a complaint about making an insurance claim rather than a mis-sold policy, check your documents to see who the “underwriter” is. You’ll need to make a complaint to that organisation.

If you cannot resolve your issue you cannot raise your case to the Ombudsman until 8 weeks after you have first raised your complaint with your supplier, or you have received a ‘letter of deadlock’ from the company stating that they cannot resolve the issue as you have asked. Your complaint must also not be older than 6 months. For an accurate decision by the Ombudsman you should provide a detailed file of your communications and supporting documentation. In addition make sure you explain what you want as an outcome as this will help assess your case.



Find the best rights for you

We have 5,115 pages of rights advice for you covering 10,925 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Injured: car accident

Resolver covers the issue Injured: Car Accident for 120 companies and organisations:

a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j  k   l  m  n  o  p  q  r  s  t  u   v  w  x   y  z