Home insurance - Problems in dealing with an emergency

How does Resolver work?

Free forever

Resolver is free. Just raise a case and leave feedback after. Simple! We’ve helped millions of people find a resolution. Get started now and let’s get this sorted.

Know your rights

There’s no jargon in our rights guides. Instead, they’re full of the info you need to get things sorted. We’ll always be on hand with guidance and support to help you get the results you’re looking for.

Get your voice heard

You can be certain that you’re talking to the right person at the right time. We automatically connect you to contacts at thousands of household names, ombudsmen and regulators to find a resolution.

Based on resolver’s experience to date, you should contact your insurer as soon as possible if you have any home emergency - many insurance companies provide 24-hour telephone support and they will authorise a tradesman to visit. Home emergency cover is an insurance policy covering household emergencies, including central heating issues, blocked drains, electrics, leaking roofs and vandalism. Additional benefits on home emergency insurance can include cover for repairs and labour (up to a limit) and cover for temporary accommodation if required. The call-out charge, parts and labour costs may be covered under your home emergency insurance policy. Be aware that rather than covering the resultant damage, home emergency insurance often covers the repair cost of the issue causing the problem.

Home emergency insurance covers most domestic emergencies that could present a health risk or make your home uninhabitable. Some insurance companies won’t charge an excess if you do make a claim – read the small print of your insurance policy for details. If you have a query regarding your emergency cover, resolver recommends that you submit your concern in writing and resolver can assist you in submitting, recording and reminding you when and who to escalate to.

Resolver can help you resolve this issue quickly, free of charge and without the hassle. We can also help you with the next step of writing your complaint. Click on the link below to create your email.

If you can't resolve your issue within 8 weeks of making your complaint (or if you've received a 'deadlock letter' or final decision from the company), you can escalate your case to the Ombudsman.

Your complaint must be under 6 months old to be escalated to the Ombudsman.

Find the best rights for you

We have 5,115 pages of rights advice for you covering 10,878 companies and organisations across 16 public & private sectors. Feel free to browse companies for this specific issue - they're all listed below - but the quickest way to find the best rights for you is by using our unique Rights Finder to access our extensive database of advice.

Start by telling us the name of the company or organisation you have an issue with.

Who do you have an issue with?

Raise it for free via Resolver

Helping you with Problems in dealing with an emergency

Resolver covers the issue Problems In Dealing With An Emergency for 164 companies and organisations:

a  b  c  d  e  f  g  h  i  j  k  l  m  n  o  p  q  r  s  t  u  v  w  x   y  z